Sterling Engineering was a participant in Upwardly Global’s Engineering Roundtable Discussion held May 3, 2011 in Chicago, IL. The purpose of this event was to help professional engineers that are refugees from other countries with a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering.
Sterling Engineering was present to provide professional advice and assistance to these engineers starting their career in the United States. Connecting to engineering societies and working with engineering recruiting firms were just some of the tactics shared with the refugees. Sterling Engineering also discussed the current industry, economic demands, and expectations for professional engineers in today’s market.
Upwardly Global is a nonprofit organization that brings highly qualified immigrants and highly progressive employers together. The job seekers they help are already permanent residents of the United Sates and work-authorized. Upwardly Global helps immigrants write résumés, sharpen interviewing skills, and develop professional networks. They also help businesses put the right people in the right jobs and show them how to reap the benefits of diversity.
To learn more, visit the Upwardly Global website.
|Upwardly Global Roundtable Participants|
- Sterling Job Fair in Riverside, Missouri April 3rd and 4th March 27, 2019
- Sterling Wins ClearlyRated’s 2019 Best of Staffing Diamond Awards February 7, 2019
- STERLING 2018 HOLIDAY CARD DESIGN CONTEST WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT December 21, 2018
- 2018 Sterling Outstanding Employees October 31, 2018
- 2018 Sterling Fall Festival September 21, 2018