Sterling Engineering was a participant in Upwardly Global’s Engineering Roundtable Discussion held May 3, 2011 in Chicago, IL. The purpose of this event was to help professional engineers that are refugees from other countries with a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering.
Sterling Engineering was present to provide professional advice and assistance to these engineers starting their career in the United States. Connecting to engineering societies and working with engineering recruiting firms were just some of the tactics shared with the refugees. Sterling Engineering also discussed the current industry, economic demands, and expectations for professional engineers in today’s market.
Upwardly Global is a nonprofit organization that brings highly qualified immigrants and highly progressive employers together. The job seekers they help are already permanent residents of the United Sates and work-authorized. Upwardly Global helps immigrants write résumés, sharpen interviewing skills, and develop professional networks. They also help businesses put the right people in the right jobs and show them how to reap the benefits of diversity.
To learn more, visit the Upwardly Global website.
|Upwardly Global Roundtable Participants|
- Sterling Wins ClearlyRated’s 2020 Best of Staffing Client and Talent Diamond Awards for Service Excellence February 12, 2020
- GSC’s Solidworks Premier Event September 30, 2019
- Celebrating 50 years of Engineering, Automation, Innovation June 21, 2019
- Sterling Internships make a difference June 3, 2019
- Does your resume shout “Hire me”? May 24, 2019