On February 28, 2012 Sterling Engineering attended the Valley Industrial Association’s Semi-Annual Economic Luncheon. The event featured William Strauss, Senior Economist and Economic Advisor from the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago. As expected, the event brought in nearly 200 people to learn about how the economy is recovering. Per William Strauss, some take always were as follows:
- The outlook is for the U.S. economy to expand at a pace below trend this year and slightly above trend in 2013.
- Employment is expected to rise moderately with the unemployment rate edging lower.
- Vehicle sales are anticipated to rise at a good pace.
- Growth in manufacturing output should be solid.
- Midwest manufacturing has been outperforming the U.S. during the recovery.
- Motor Vehicle output had nearly 95% industrial output growth from June 2009-January 2012 and Primary Metals with a 55% increase.
The Valley Industrial Association represents the interests of manufacturing in the Fox Valley. Since 1902, it has built a powerful reputation for servicing its members through legislative advocacy, conducting various business surveys, offering educational and training seminars, providing networking opportunities and awarding training grant money to its members. It continues to effectively serve as the “manufacturers’ silent partner.”
Learn more about the VIA and how to become a member by visiting the VIA website.
- Sterling Wins ClearlyRated’s 2019 Best of Staffing Diamond Awards February 7, 2019
- STERLING 2018 HOLIDAY CARD DESIGN CONTEST WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT December 21, 2018
- 2018 Sterling Outstanding Employees October 31, 2018
- 2018 Sterling PACK EXPO Reception September 27, 2018
- 2018 Sterling Fall Festival September 21, 2018