On March 23, 2012, Sterling Engineering employees Ron Sandy, Todd Dumbroski, and Dean Gudeman, attended the FIRST Robotics Competition at the University of Illinois-Chicago Pavilion in Chicago, IL.
The mission of the FIRST Robotics Competition is to:
- Provide an outlet for high school students to learn from professional engineers.
- Build and compete with robots of their own team design.
- Learn and use sophisticated hardware and software.
- Be exposed to design, project and time management, programming, teamwork, strategic thinking, and cooperation.
- Earn a place in the FRC Championship.
- Qualify for more than $12 million in college scholarships.
Sterling Engineering attended as VIP guests allowing them to: view the competition from a designated area, participate in a VIP luncheon, engage in discussion with the FIRST Regional Director of IL, Dan Green, and be paired with a student advocate in the FRC. The advocates gave a tour of the robot pits and allowed Sterling the chance to engage with their team.
Sterling was able to get a tour and opportunity to get in the robot pits with team “Bomb Squad” from Arkansas. The components of the robot, time spent on them, and reasons behind the design were explained. By attending Sterling has a strong appreciation for the students who put a significant amount of time and effort into their FRC robots.
To learn more about FIRST, please visit their website.
- Sterling Wins ClearlyRated’s 2019 Best of Staffing Diamond Awards February 7, 2019
- STERLING 2018 HOLIDAY CARD DESIGN CONTEST WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT December 21, 2018
- 2018 Sterling Outstanding Employees October 31, 2018
- 2018 Sterling PACK EXPO Reception September 27, 2018
- 2018 Sterling Fall Festival September 21, 2018