On March 14, 2012, Kevin Bass, Account Executive at Sterling Engineering and President of the VHRA, accompanied by Tony Hotko, Director of IT Services at Sterling Engineering, attended the VHRA monthly meeting. Jeff Risch, Attorney at Smith Amundsen, presented “Managing Employees in light of Developing Reform & Regulation.” Jeff Risch is a welcomed and frequent presenter at the VHRA, as his legal updates are always engaging and informative.
Some topics discussed included:
- Establishing Effective Contract Disclaimer Language.
- Disclaiming Privacy Expectations to Employees.
- NLRB recently Establishing a Social Networking Policy.
- Immigration & E-Verify.
- Investigating Misconduct.
- Terminations: Layoff vs. Firing.
The Valley Industrial Association represents the interests of manufacturing in the Fox Valley. Since 1902, it has built a powerful reputation for servicing its members through legislative advocacy, conducting various business surveys, offering educational and training seminars, providing networking opportunities and awarding training grant money to its members. It continues to effectively serve as the “manufacturers’ silent partner.”
Learn more about the VIA and how to become a member by visiting the VIA website.
- Sterling Wins ClearlyRated’s 2019 Best of Staffing Diamond Awards February 7, 2019
- STERLING 2018 HOLIDAY CARD DESIGN CONTEST WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT December 21, 2018
- 2018 Sterling Outstanding Employees October 31, 2018
- 2018 Sterling PACK EXPO Reception September 27, 2018
- 2018 Sterling Fall Festival September 21, 2018