On March 7, 2012 Sterling Engineering attended the Valley Industrial Association Marketing in Action Group. The event featured Ken Jackson, Principal/Creative Director, from Centrifuge Brand Marketing and he spoke on the topic of QR Codes and how to apply them in business and marketing.
Much of what Ken Jackson spoke about was the application of QR Codes; some take away points were as follows:
- QR Codes have actually been around for 10 years, starting out in the automotive industry in Japan (Toyota and Denso).
- QR Codes are in actuality two-dimensional matrix barcodes that can hold thousands of alphanumeric characters.
- Practical uses for QR Codes are but not limited to tracking, ticketing, info sharing, and marketing.
- QR Codes can store information such as links to websites, phone numbers, maps, generate V-Cards, make phone calls, and link to Google Maps.
- While an October 2011 study showed that 20.1 million US citizens use QR Codes, that is still a small percentage of the total population.
- Practical places for QR Codes include business cards, brochures and marketing materials, trade show displays, and other advertisements.
It was a meeting that brought about serious discussion and idea generation as Sterling Engineering continues to stay on the leading edge of technology, marketing, and branding.
Learn more about the VIA membership, the Marketing in Action group, and other networking groups by visiting the VIA website.
- Sterling Wins ClearlyRated’s 2019 Best of Staffing Diamond Awards February 7, 2019
- STERLING 2018 HOLIDAY CARD DESIGN CONTEST WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT December 21, 2018
- 2018 Sterling Outstanding Employees October 31, 2018
- 2018 Sterling PACK EXPO Reception September 27, 2018
- 2018 Sterling Fall Festival September 21, 2018