Thomas Varghese, the President of eBiz Universe, spoke about the importance of goal setting in personal and in professional life. The key principle of the presentation was on SMART planning tips, SMART being an acronym for Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Timely. Varghese’s SMART plan explains that no goal, nor dream or purpose in life, is truly out of reach as long as we are able to systematically and realistically break down larger dreams and goals into small “baby steps. These baby steps allow goals and dreams to be attained deliberately and over the course of time in chunks. This continues to drive and motivate over a period of time rather than aiming for an unattainable goal and becoming discouraged when it doesn’t come to fruition quickly.
Overall, the event was beneficial because it provided a concise expository on the importance of setting goals- specific, short to long-term and attainable/reasonable for achieving motivation and success in personal and business settings. The event also allowed for networking with other young professionals running the gamut from staffing to human resources to management to entrepreneurial individuals.
For more information or membership with the Greater O’Hare Association, please visit their website.
- Sterling Wins ClearlyRated’s 2020 Best of Staffing Client and Talent Diamond Awards for Service Excellence February 12, 2020
- GSC’s Solidworks Premier Event September 30, 2019
- Celebrating 50 years of Engineering, Automation, Innovation June 21, 2019
- Sterling Internships make a difference June 3, 2019
- Does your resume shout “Hire me”? May 24, 2019