Thomas Varghese, the President of eBiz Universe, spoke about the importance of goal setting in personal and in professional life. The key principle of the presentation was on SMART planning tips, SMART being an acronym for Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Timely. Varghese’s SMART plan explains that no goal, nor dream or purpose in life, is truly out of reach as long as we are able to systematically and realistically break down larger dreams and goals into small “baby steps. These baby steps allow goals and dreams to be attained deliberately and over the course of time in chunks. This continues to drive and motivate over a period of time rather than aiming for an unattainable goal and becoming discouraged when it doesn’t come to fruition quickly.
Overall, the event was beneficial because it provided a concise expository on the importance of setting goals- specific, short to long-term and attainable/reasonable for achieving motivation and success in personal and business settings. The event also allowed for networking with other young professionals running the gamut from staffing to human resources to management to entrepreneurial individuals.
For more information or membership with the Greater O’Hare Association, please visit their website.
- Sterling Job Fair in Riverside, Missouri April 3rd and 4th March 27, 2019
- Sterling Wins ClearlyRated’s 2019 Best of Staffing Diamond Awards February 7, 2019
- STERLING 2018 HOLIDAY CARD DESIGN CONTEST WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT December 21, 2018
- 2018 Sterling Outstanding Employees October 31, 2018
- 2018 Sterling Fall Festival September 21, 2018