On April 10, 2012 Sterling Engineering was fortunate enough to be part of a select group of individuals to get a personal tour of Hersey High School and it’s Careers & Technology Departments. Hersey HS is on the leading edge of educating students in the areas of technical learning and providing students with real hands-on experience with technological equipment.
David Wietrzek, Technology Teacher at Hersey HS, was the tour guide for the Sterling Engineering group. He guided the group through the technology labs, even providing time for Q&A with teachers. Attendees were shown highlights of the student body’s work over the past several years along with various school owned equipment including:
- High Mileage Vehicles/Automotive Department
- TV Announcement Studio
- Graphic Design Studio
- Mills, Lathes & CNC Equipment
After the tour, the group participated in an open forum on how to educate students and parents on the importance of manufacturing and encouraging students to pursue technical related careers.
Project Lead The Way (PLTW) is the leading provider of rigorous and innovative science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) education curricular programs used in middle and high schools across the United States. PLTW offers education programs engaging students in activities, projects, and problem-based learning, which provides hands-on classroom experiences.
To learn more about Project Lead The Way, please visit their website.
- Celebrating 50 years of Engineering, Automation, Innovation June 21, 2019
- Sterling Internships make a difference June 3, 2019
- Does your resume shout “Hire me”? May 24, 2019
- Sterling Summer Picnic 2019 May 23, 2019
- Recruiting Technical Lead at Sterling – Ric Delgado May 21, 2019