On May 22, Sterling Engineering participated in the second annual Veterans Summit Job and Resource Fair—a fair focused on creating opportunities for veterans in need—at the Elgin Community College Spartan Events Center. The fair also created an environment where students had the opportunity to talk with veterans in order to understand the issues that incur upon returning from war.
Veteran job seekers had the chance to meet employers from Illinois, federal agencies, local government, and various veteran-owned companies. Not only were employment services offered, but representatives from several agencies also attended the fair to provide educational services, as well as homeless and elderly aid to veterans. In addition, one of the 50 mobile vet units that travels throughout the country was in attendance to lend its services to the veterans and their families.
This was a valuable opportunity for Sterling Engineering to recruit local veterans transitioning from active duty by providing them with a chance to get back into the civilian workforce and use the skills they learned in the military by applying them to jobs in the manufacturing sector.
- Celebrating Earth Day April 22, 2019
- Sterling Job Fair in Riverside, Missouri April 3rd and 4th March 27, 2019
- Sterling Wins ClearlyRated’s 2019 Best of Staffing Diamond Awards February 7, 2019
- STERLING 2018 HOLIDAY CARD DESIGN CONTEST WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT December 21, 2018
- 2018 Sterling Outstanding Employees October 31, 2018