On May 1, 2012 Dan Vandercar, a Microsoft BI Technical Solution Professional, gave a presentation on SQL Server 2012. Dan, has a financial background working in international accounting and cost accounting before joining Microsoft.
There were two main areas in SQL 2012 that were covered:
- Mission Critical Enhancements
- Always On – Until now you would have to configure Clustering, Mirroring, and Log Shipping individually. SQL Server 2012 provides this combination in one single feature.
- Speed – Performance boosts of 10-100x improvements with xVelocity in-memory technologies for both Data Warehousing and BI.
- Security – Increased manageability related to auditing with audit resilience, filtering, and user-defined audits.
- SSRS – This New enhancement renders a report as an Excel document that is compatible with Microsoft Excel 2007-2010 as well as 2003. Removes limitations of earlier version.
- Powerview – An interactive data exploration, visualization, and presentation experience. It provides drag-and-drop ad hoc reporting for business users such as data analysts, business decision makers, and information workers.
- Cloud – SQL Server 2012 can help enable organizations quickly create and scale innovative Hyprid IT solutions across server, private and public cloud.
The Software Development Community is an informal and interactive group of professionals that have a passion for software development. Because of this passion, this group was created to employ best practices and share knowledge and experience amongst with each other. The remarkable advantage of the group is that it doesn’t focus on any one specific technology, methodology, practice or role. Instead, it opens itself up to discussion on all platforms and all areas of software development.
You can find additional information on the group by visiting their website.
- Celebrating Earth Day April 22, 2019
- Sterling Job Fair in Riverside, Missouri April 3rd and 4th March 27, 2019
- Sterling Wins ClearlyRated’s 2019 Best of Staffing Diamond Awards February 7, 2019
- STERLING 2018 HOLIDAY CARD DESIGN CONTEST WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT December 21, 2018
- 2018 Sterling Outstanding Employees October 31, 2018