Hundreds of future engineers packed the Forest View Fieldhouse in Arlington Heights, IL on January 19, 2013 for the Illinois FIRST® LEGO® League (FLL®) State Tournament. “Senior Solutions” was the theme for the robotic competition. Teams of students aged 9-14 explored the topic of aging, researched obstacles, and suggested ways to improve the quality of life for the seniors affected.
The FLL Challenge has 3 parts – the Robot Game, the Project, and the Core Values. The Robot Game and Project are what teams participate in, and the Core Values guide teams through the experience. Qualifying teams will progress to the World Festival held April 24 – 27, 2013 in St. Louis, MO.
Ron Sandy, a Sterling Engineering employee, has volunteered with FLL for more than 5 years. He participated in the State Tournament as an Ambassador and was a judge for the 5 previous years. For more information about the First Lego League please visit:firstlegoleague.org.
- GSC’s Solidworks Premier Event September 30, 2019
- Celebrating 50 years of Engineering, Automation, Innovation June 21, 2019
- Sterling Internships make a difference June 3, 2019
- Does your resume shout “Hire me”? May 24, 2019
- Sterling Summer Picnic 2019 May 23, 2019