On Saturday, September 21st, Sterling Engineering, Inc. employees and friends emerged triumphant from the Special Olympics Plane Pull fundraiser with a respectable score of 51st place out of a total of 61 participating teams.
“Our goal was to have fun while supporting a fantastic cause, and for that we feel we have succeeded,” shares Zahra Sandberg, a Sterling employee who participated in the event.
The Plane Pull features the ultimate tug-of-war competition, as teams of up to 20 battle a UPS Airbus A300, weighing more than 190,000 lbs. or 90 tons!
The Special Olympics is a global organization that unleashes the human spirit through the transformative power and joy of sport. Through programming in sports, health, education and community building, Special Olympics is changing the lives of people with intellectual disabilities solving the global injustice, isolation, intolerance and inactivity they face. Special Olympics Illinois provides opportunities for more than 21,000 athletes, 40,000 volunteers and thousands more people statewide through 18 Area programs in all 102 counties of the state. To learn more about the Special Olympics of Illinois, visit their site at www.soill.org.
- Sterling Wins ClearlyRated’s 2019 Best of Staffing Diamond Awards February 7, 2019
- STERLING 2018 HOLIDAY CARD DESIGN CONTEST WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT December 21, 2018
- 2018 Sterling Outstanding Employees October 31, 2018
- 2018 Sterling PACK EXPO Reception September 27, 2018
- 2018 Sterling Fall Festival September 21, 2018