The purpose of National Engineers Week 2014 is to call attention to the contributions to society that engineers make. It is also a time for engineers to emphasize the importance of learning math, science, and technical skills.
Please join us in promoting Engineers Week:
- Celebrate how engineers make a difference in our world
- Increase public dialogue about the need for engineers
- Bring engineering to life for kids, educators, and parents
In the true spirit of Engineering week, we wanted to highlight a few of our very own employees’ year-round commitment to making a difference to increase awareness of STEM education at local events and schools.
FIRST Lego Championship
Inspiring young people to become science and technology leaders, Ron Sandy participated once again in First Lego League’s local championship. As a VIP, Sandy advised interested attendees on the requirements of setting up or joining a team. Despite a snowy day the event was well attended, families enjoyed a fun day watching the enthusiasm of the teams as their robots advanced through the competition.
Bringing Engineering to Life at a Local Grade School
Sterling Mechanical Design Engineer Tom Slupek recently spent the morning at Timber Trails Elementary School, sharing drawings and photos of design projects he has worked on. “Many young people don’t know an engineer or what engineers do, the kids were fascinated to see photos of 3D models develop into a full size installations,” said Slupek. Noted one child, “it’s just like putting a puzzle together.” Slupek said, “Showing examples of math applications to kids helps them visualize its value as a tool in their own life.”
University Wisconsin Milwaukee (UWM) College of Engineering
Asked back for a 2nd time, Sterling Engineering Sr. Technical Recruiter Phil Willman was invited to speak with two sections of students from the College of Engineering and Applied Science at UWM on Thursday February 13th. Phil had the opportunity to connect with over 150 students as part of their engineering curriculum. His message focused on ways the students can make themselves stand out and be remembered by representatives of engineering firms at the Expo.
- Sterling Job Fair in Riverside, Missouri April 3rd and 4th March 27, 2019
- Sterling Wins ClearlyRated’s 2019 Best of Staffing Diamond Awards February 7, 2019
- STERLING 2018 HOLIDAY CARD DESIGN CONTEST WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT December 21, 2018
- 2018 Sterling Outstanding Employees October 31, 2018
- 2018 Sterling Fall Festival September 21, 2018