The Greater O’hare Association, or GOA Regional Business Association is a not-for-profit, volunteer-driven business association dedicated to growing and sustaining the regional business community. GOA membership ranges from major corporations to home-based businesses, spans over 80 communities in Northern Illinois and includes professional, service, retail, and manufacturing businesses.
On Wednesday, March 12th, the GOA invited former Chicago Bear Marcus Robinson to share his wisdom and insight on how to be successful. Robinson currently owns Bigtime Sports, an organization that specializes in youth and teen sports training camps, and adult training programs for recreational and aspiring athletes. At the GOA event, Robinson urged people to ask (and answer) three questions:
1) What do you think about yourself? Thinking positive and truly having the desire to be the best is the only way to actually get there. Get rid of the self-doubt and negative thoughts and focus on the positive.
2) What are your actions? Marcus regularly sets goals he wants to achieve and writes them down where he can see them. Writing it down helps to make sure what you are doing daily is helping you reach your goals.
3) What is your character? If you want to be known as the best in your field, you have to earn that respect with your behavior. Working hard, achieving excellence, and being humble at the same time is the key.
This event is a part of an on-going effort by GOA to provide meaningful, enriching, and educational networking events for its members.
- 2020 Employee Engagement April 6, 2020
- Sterling Wins ClearlyRated’s 2020 Best of Staffing Client and Talent Diamond Awards for Service Excellence February 12, 2020
- GSC’s Solidworks Premier Event September 30, 2019
- Celebrating 50 years of Engineering, Automation, Innovation June 21, 2019
- Sterling Internships make a difference June 3, 2019