Sterling Employees Participate in the Plane Pull for the Second Year to Benefit the Special Olympics of Illinois
On Saturday, Sterling Engineering employees geared up to battle a UPS Airbus A300 weighing more than 180,000 lbs. The Plane Pull features the ultimate tug-of-war competition, as teams of up to 20 raise a minimum of $1,000 to participate in a competition to pull the plane 12 feet with their own strength. Special Olympics of Illinois and the Law Enforcement Torch Run hosted the 6th Annual Plane Pull at O’Hare International Airport on Sept. 27. The 2013 event was a record-breaking success, as 64 teams participated and more than $135,000 was raised for the athletes of Special Olympics Illinois. This year’s event was even bigger, with 84 teams competing, and nearly $150,000 raised!
Team Sterling Engineering raised $2,325, and successfully pulled the plane with a time of 14.00 seconds!
More Pictures from this year’s Plane Pull:
- Celebrating 50 years of Engineering, Automation, Innovation June 21, 2019
- Sterling Internships make a difference June 3, 2019
- Does your resume shout “Hire me”? May 24, 2019
- Sterling Summer Picnic 2019 May 23, 2019
- Recruiting Technical Lead at Sterling – Ric Delgado May 21, 2019