Sterling Engineering Sr. Technical Recruiter Phil Willman was invited back for the 3rd time by the Offices of Career Services to speak with two sections of the College of Engineering and Applied Science at the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee (UWM) on Thursday September 25th.
Phil’s message was focused on how to prepare for and approach the university’s 2014 Fall Expo/career fair held Friday, October 4th in the UWM Student Union. He had the opportunity to connect with over 150 students as part of their engineering classroom curriculum. The aim of the message was to make students stand out to representatives of the firms in attendance. It is important for students to prepare for career fairs like this. At a job fair you get exposure to many companies, but only one chance at making a good impression.
In addition to helping students prepare for it, Sterling Engineering took part in the Fall Expo and connected with a large number of soon-to-be engineers, many of whom attended the classes at which Phil spoke.
- Celebrating 50 years of Engineering, Automation, Innovation June 21, 2019
- Sterling Internships make a difference June 3, 2019
- Does your resume shout “Hire me”? May 24, 2019
- Recruiting Technical Lead at Sterling – Ric Delgado May 21, 2019
- Celebrating Earth Day April 22, 2019