Sterling’s CEO Dolores Connolly attended the inaugural Midwest Food Matters Leadership Award gala at the Chicago Hilton & Towers. The gala brought together leaders, suppliers and service providers from the food industry to celebrate the impact, accomplishments and future of the food industry in the Midwest.
The 2015 Leadership Award was presented to John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc. honoring their exceptional commitment, service and innovation within the food industry for over 90 years. “It’s an exciting time for food companies and we recognize and celebrate the food industry’s innovation and impact throughout the Midwest. This award represents the latest step in the broad, ongoing vision of Global Midwest Alliance to engage” said Gail Longmore, CEO of Global Midwest Alliance. The Alliance continues to meet and bring inspired people together in forums and events to ensure this industry remains on the cutting edge.
Goals for the Alliance include:
• Creating recognition at both a corporate and grassroots level in the Midwest
• Elevating the importance and impact throughout the international community to help food companies grow globally
• Addressing key issues facing the Midwest food industry.
• Building a stronger industry profile by interconnecting the industry and creating a sense of unity, purpose and mutual respect.
Accepting the award on behalf of the John B. Sanfilippo & Son was CEO Jeffrey Sanfilippo, grandson and great grandson of the company’s founders.
”In accepting this award, we celebrate and honor all Midwest food manufacturers and associates for their commitment to excellence, innovation and leadership.” As a Midwest Food Manufacturer, Mr. Sanfilippo also mentioned how proud the company is to provide support to organizations like the Northern Illinois Food Bank who are working to solve hunger by providing nutritious meals to those in need. “Organizations like the Northern Illinois Food Bank are making a difference in the lives of many families in our surrounding communities.”
Following the Gala Sterling CEO Dolores Connolly commentated: “As a 45 year old company with deep roots in the food sector we are pleased to align with this group. Creating a culture of collaboration between manufacturing, research and supply chain is critical for continued growth and expertise in the future of food production and distribution.” Midwest food executives many who have made significant contributions to the growth and improvement of the food industry also enjoyed an opportunity to network following the presentations.
- Celebrating Earth Day April 22, 2019
- Sterling Job Fair in Riverside, Missouri April 3rd and 4th March 27, 2019
- Sterling Wins ClearlyRated’s 2019 Best of Staffing Diamond Awards February 7, 2019
- STERLING 2018 HOLIDAY CARD DESIGN CONTEST WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT December 21, 2018
- 2018 Sterling Outstanding Employees October 31, 2018