In this role, you will be responsible for providing design and project engineering expertise for electrical control systems including Programming, Commissioning, and Startup of PLC based automation systems. You will design and develop all aspects of electrical control systems for automated packaging machinery used primarily in the food and pharmaceutical industries. Additional responsibilities may include installation, commissioning, technical customer support & remote troubleshooting.
YOUR ROLE WILL BE TO:
- Program electrical controls for automated packaging machinery.
- Design, build, implement, debug and troubleshoot functionality of packaging equipment.
- In addition to programmable logic controllers (PLC) and vision systems, packaging machinery systems may include robots, servos, distributed I/O, AC/DC drives, material handling, conveyors, dispensing, industrial networks, instrumentation, pneumatics, hydraulics, and electro-mechanical control devices.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or a closely related science degree strongly preferred
- 3-5+ years Controls/Automation Engineering experience is required
- Strong background with automation controls (PLCs). Both Allen Bradley & Siemens experience is highly desired.
- Must have proven experience programming PLCs from scratch
- Prior Packaging equipment controls experience is required
- Pharmaceutical or Food industry experience is highly desired
- Ability to travel 15-25% to customer sites