As the In-House Technical Writer, your role will be to research, plan, and develop documentation for our premiere clients. You will create and develop user manuals, technical manuals, operator manuals and any other end-user documentation requested that includes illustrations. You will be expected to deliver quality documents on time and on budget as required and will manage multiple publications projects coordinated through our engineering department.
YOUR ROLE WILL BE TO:
- Design, write, create, maintains, and update technical service manuals, operator manuals, user manuals, or other related publications, including illustrations, charts, and photographs to be included in the technical document while ensuring timely and accurate execution of the technical document.
- Basic understanding of Locomotive and/or Marine Power Systems is a plus.
- Study data and conduct in-depth interviews with subject matter experts to understand the product or procedure gathered from engineering resources, suppliers and other technical papers and information.
- Gather and mark up new and existing art and photos for insertion into documents.
- Ability to interpret blueprints and detailed engineering specifications and schematics.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering is highly desired
- 2-5+ years Technical Writing experience is required
- Must have a strong understanding of electrical and mechanical systems and components, including testing and troubleshooting.
- Must be proficient with personal computers, copier/duplicator, and various software including desktop publishing, spreadsheet, word processing, illustration, and database programs, especially knowledgeable in Structured Adobe Framemaker, Adobe Pagemaker or Indesign and SAP.
- Good work ethic, detail-oriented, self-starter and customer-focused with a willingness to take the time to produce a quality technical document.
- Qualified candidates must have good communication, analytical and problem solving skills.