The client engineers, designs, builds and installs sophisticated, automated equipment for the United States Postal Service. The Installation Program Manager needed a contract recruitment solution to staff technical personnel.
- The schedule called for 1,255 installations at various locations throughout the U.S.
- The technical personnel would be responsible for installation and commissioning of computer-driven, elctro-mechanical equipment at their customer’s locations.
- These positions required nearly 100% travel for 18+ months.
During several meetings with the program manager and his staff, it became clear that our client was lacking the resources to quickly identify qualified individuals and also sought the advantages of the variable costs associated with a contract recruitment solution.
- The VP of Operations and the Program Manager agreed to purse an alliance with a company that could deliver a superior solution including recruitment, thorough background, credit and drug screenings, fair compensation, a custom benefit package to minimize turnover and effective back office support.
Sterling Engineering provided the client with personnel including Field Service Installers and a Scheduled/Travel Coordinator.
- The program finished on schedule and under budget.
- As a result of superior performance, USPS utilized Sterling Engineering on subsequent installation projects.