Engineer Package Completes Power Distribution Upgrade
A program manager in the electrical distribution utilities industry needed to complete design plans for electrical transformer upgrades at 22 power distribution center sites.
- To meet a five month installation schedule, drawings had to be completed within three to four months
- The client did not have adequate inside resources to complete this work on schedule
- A high number of available installation upgrade plans were due to past summer power outages and exceeded the resources. The timing was crucial and the work could not be rescheduled.
Sterling proposed to complete the preliminary engineering work for the sites within the time schedule required.
- The scope of work was broken down for each site to prepare an accurate proposal. Successful project management was key to the completion of this project.
- After an initial kickoff meeting with the client and receipt of the installation plans, Sterling generated a project schedule.
- The Chicago Suburban sites needed to be visited and were scheduled by location – four or five per day.
- Site design and layout work began the day following each site visit and project resources were evaluated daily.
- Project management maintained daily communication with the client and directed the project team members. This generated the timely flow of project information and deliverable.
Sterling’s Project Management team was able to complete the work on time and met all of the client’s objective.
- Dedication to the project guidelines required a significant overtime commitment.
- Sterling was able to complete this within approved budget guidelines.