We ask that if you have been exposed to someone who is ill or has been diagnosed with the coronavirus OR if you feel ill or are experiencing possible symptoms of the virus, that you contact us immediately and not return to work until further notice. We hope that you understand that these precautions are for both your benefit as well as your co-workers. We wish you the best and collectively hope that all concerns are resolved in the very near future.
As a valued member of the Sterling team, your safety, health and well-being are very important to us. While new information regarding the novel coronavirus is developing daily, we want to again remind you that there are practical, common-sense ways to take care of yourself, protect others and monitor the latest information.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching their eyes, nose and mouth
- Stay home when they are sick or may have been exposed to COVID-19
- Cover their cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
- Wear a face mask and socially distance
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing (if soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol).
We also encourage you to stay updated by visiting the About Coronavirus Disease 2019 and CDC’s Frequently Asked Questions webpages.
We have also reached out to our clients and continue to communicate with them to obtain their respective action plans regarding the COVID-19 pandemic. We are in turn following their guidelines and direction for our assigned employees. If you are not familiar with or have not received information from the client, we recommend that you ask your supervisor for assistance. You can also contact us, and we can provide this information if we have already received it.
If a Sterling Employee cannot report to work due to illness or self-quarantine, based on eligibility, they have access to their accrued Paid Time Off benefit. We are closely following legislative changes and hope to provide other options to minimize possible hardships.
Please notify Sterling immediately if you have been exposed to or diagnosed with COVID-19.
Sterling will continue to provide additional updates and do everything possible to ensure the ongoing safety and health of our employees, clients and their employees. Should you wish to discuss this issue further or have any questions, please let us know.
Director of Human Resources
630-993-3411 | firstname.lastname@example.org