The Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for machine design including concept development, mechanism & component design, and systems integration for new automated machinery. Your duties will also include analyzing engineering drawings and customer specifications, working through complex design issues, making recommendations and providing solutions to clients, performing engineering calculations, and ushering the project through to final customer acceptance.
YOUR ROLE WILL BE TO:
- Generate machine concepts and mechanical systems per the clients specifications
- Create 3D drawings using Solidworks design software for high-speed, high-volume automated manufacturing machinery.
- Perform engineering calculations.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously across several industries
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and meet the targeted budget.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering is required.
- 3-10 years prior experience developing packaging OR automated production machinery
- Must possess a strong understanding of all facets of machine design including research & development, developing customer specifications, mechanical design, engineering, materials selection, and manufacturing
- Must possess excellent planning, project leadership, and technical skills to be successful in meeting project objectives and company goals
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities in a fast changing work environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including acute attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word and Excel.
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE THAT IS HIGHLY DESIRED:
- Formal Project Engineering OR Project Management experience
- Mechanical Product design
- PDM Experience
- Experience with installation OR machine validation